What will I learn?
You’ll enjoy work placements, trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers and industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show, as well as the opportunity to work on a wide range of land-based machinery both at the College and at local dealers.
• Workshop practice
• Engine technology
• Electrical systems
• Ground care equipment
• Farm and plant equipment
• Machinery operation
• Harvesting equipment
• Cultivation and planting equipment
• 4 wheel drive
• Engineering science
Possible Additional Qualifications
• NPTC Forklift
• NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
• NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
• C&G Welding Level 2
• Abrasive Wheels Certificate
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs including Science, with Maths and English at grade C/4 or Level 2 in Agricultural Engineering at Merit level with Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2 or GCSE grade C/4 or above.
Where will it lead me?
- A degree in Land-based Technology
- Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Skilled technician servicing large machinery such as tractors and combines, forestry machinery or quarry machinery, fixed plant machinery such as grain driers, vegetable handling and packing or milking parlours
- Skilled technician working for a machinery manufacturer
- Fabrication, road and bridge construction