What will I learn?
You’ll enjoy work placements, trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers and industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show, as well as the opportunity to work on a wide range of land-based machinery – both at the College and at local dealers.
• Workshop practice
• Engine technology
• Electrical systems
• Ground care equipment
• Farm and plant equipment
• Machinery operation
• Harvesting equipment
• Cultivation and planting equipment
• Four wheel drive
• Engineering science
Optional Additional Qualifications
- NPTC Tractor Driving and Related Operations
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
- NPTC Operation of Rough Terrain Lift Trucks
- BWMB Shearing Seals
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English and Maths/Level 2 in Agriculture at Merit with English and Maths at GCSE grade C/4.
What can I study next?
- A degree in Land-based Technology
- Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to university
- Tractor driver
- Stock-person working with cattle, sheep, pigs
- Contract farming