What will I learn?
Working on the College farm’s dairy, sheep enterprise and pig unit, you’ll also learn valuable skills and get the hands-on experience needed for employment. If necessary, we’ll also work with you to improve your Maths and English.
• Livestock production-cattle, sheep and pigs
• Farm and estate maintenance
• Crop science and growth
• Machinery operations and maintenance
• Land-based business
What do I need?
Four GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above including English and Maths/Level 1 in Agriculture with D/3 or Level 1 Skills in Maths and English.
Where will it lead me?
• Level 3 courses
• Level 2/Level 3 Agricultural Engineering
• Level 2/Level 3 Apprenticeship
• Tractor driver
• Stockperson working with cattle, sheep, pigs
• Contract farming
Possible Additional Qualifications
• NPTC tractor driving and related operations
• NPTC all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
• NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
• NPTC Operation of Rough Terrain Lift Trucks
• BWMB shearing seals