What will I learn?
We immerse you in the world of animal studies with a host of industry guests and speakers, visits to zoological parks, specialist veterinary centres and conservation centres. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend residential study tours both in the UK and South Africa, giving you the chance to work with wild animals as well as making valuable industry contacts.
• Practical animal handling and behaviour with dogs, avian and other exotic species
• Health and nutrition
• Accommodation and feeding
• Breeding and welfare
• Biology and anatomy
• Specialist units in exotic animals and/or nursing
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs including Science, with Maths and English at grade C/4 or Level 2 in Animal Care.
Where will it lead me?
• FdSc in Animal Management
• Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing or Animal Care
• Veterinary Nurse or Assistant
• Pet retail including specialist outlets
• Kennels and catteries
• Grooming and hydrotherapy
• Animal rescue centres (wild and domestic)
• Animal training and behaviour
• Keeper or Education Officer in animal collections