What will I learn?
This 12-unit course will give you the skills, knowledge and practical understanding to progress into employment or for further study at university. In the first year you’ll gain a solid foundation in animal science and husbandry and then in the second year you will follow the pathway in Zoos & Wildlife with its associated units.
We immerse you in the world of animal studies with a host of industry guests and speakers, as well as visits to zoological parks and specialist veterinary and conservation centres. You may also have the opportunity to attend residential study tours both in the UK and South Africa, giving you the chance to work with wild animals as well as making valuable industry contacts.
- Animal Health & Husbandry
- Animal Feeding & Nutrition
- Animal Behaviour & Communication
- Animal Welfare & Breeding
- Biological Systems of Animals
- Wildlife & Ecology
- Exotics Health & Husbandry
- Zoological Collections
- Avian & Aquatics
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs including Science, with Maths or English at Grade 4 or above or Level 2 in Animal Care with Biology and Health units at Merit level and Maths or English at grade 4 or above.
What can I study next?
- FdSc in Animal Management
- Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to University. Complete a full Level 3 with us and we’ll guarantee you an offer of a place on one of our relevant University Centre Sparsholt degree courses. Admissions Terms & Conditions apply – for full details go to Sparsholt.ac.uk/university-centre
- Veterinary Nurse or Assistant
- Pet retail including specialist outlets
- Kennels and catteries
- Grooming and hydrotherapy
- Animal rescue centres (wild and domestic)
- Animal training and behaviour
- Keeper or Education Officer in animal collections