What will I learn?
In the first year you’ll gain a solid foundation in animal science and husbandry and then in the second year you will follow the pathway in Zoos & Wildlife with its associated units.
We hope to be able to offer you the opportunity to attend residential study tours both in the UK and South Africa, giving you the chance to work with wild animals as well as making valuable industry contacts.
- Animal Health & Husbandry
- Animal Feeding & Nutrition
- Animal Behaviour & Communication
- Animal Welfare & Breeding
- Biological Systems of Animals
- Wildlife & Ecology
- Exotics Health & Husbandry
- Zoological Collections
- Avian & Aquatics
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs including Science, with Maths or English at Grade 4 or above or Level 2 in Animal Care with Biology and synoptic units at Merit level and Maths or English at grade 4 or above.
What can I study next?
- FdSc in Animal Management
- Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to University. Complete a full Level 3 with us and we’ll guarantee you an offer of a place on one of our relevant University Centre Sparsholt degree courses. Admissions Terms & Conditions apply – for full details go to Sparsholt.ac.uk/university-centre
- Veterinary Care Assistant
- Pet retail including specialist outlets
- Kennels and catteries
- Grooming and hydrotherapy
- Animal rescue centres (wild and domestic)
- Animal training and behaviour
- Keeper or Education Officer in animal collections
- Dog Walker/Pet Sitter