What will I learn?
You’ll be introduced to a range of UK habitats including woodlands, heathlands, grasslands and wetlands and will gain first-hand experience of managing these different environments for the benefit of wildlife and people. As a Sparsholt student you’ll also benefit from our lecturers’ strong links with conservation organisations.
• British Wildlife and Habitats
• Nature Conservation
• Access and Recreation
• Practical Estate Skills
• Countryside Industry and work experience
• Habitat and Species Survey Techniques
Possible Additional Qualifications
• Maths or English GCSE if not held at grade C/4
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade D/3 or a Level 1 in a relevant subject plus satisfactory performance in English and Maths and a good school or college reference.
Where will it lead me?
• Level 3 in Conservation and Wildlife Management
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Environmental Conservation
• Reserve Warden or Assistant Warden, Countryside Ranger
• Countryside Recreation Assistant
• Countryside Campaigner
• Volunteer Co-ordinator