What will I learn?
You’ll be introduced to a range of UK habitats including woodlands, heathlands, grasslands and wetlands and will gain first-hand experience of managing these different environments for the benefit of wildlife and people. As a Sparsholt student you’ll also benefit from our lecturers’ strong links with conservation organisations.
• British wildlife and habitats
• Nature conservation
• Access and recreation
• Practical estate skills
• Countryside industry and work experience
• Habitat and species survey techniques
Optional Additional Qualifications
• Maths or English GCSE if not held at grade C/4
What grades will I need?
English and Maths GCSEs at Grade D/3, plus two other GCSEs at grade D/3, or Level 1 in a relevant subject plus a good school or college reference.
What can I study next?
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Environmental Conservation
• Level 3 in Conservation and Wildlife Management
• Reserve warden or assistant warden, countryside ranger
• Countryside recreation assistant
• Countryside campaigner
• Volunteer co-ordinator