What will I learn?
Developed with industry leaders, this new programme will ensure you have a strong foundation in Agriculture, as well as specialist knowledge in your chosen pathway – crops, livestock or general agriculture. The specialist course content is outward looking to investigate the opportunities, constraints and influences on the agricultural industry more globally, as well as giving an understanding of marketing methods and diversification opportunities to create a robust business. Essential science, industry experience and academic skills will also boost your employability.
Each year will include an assessed three-week work placement as well as a residential field trip to gain even more industry insight.
How will I be assessed?
Final and in-session assessments feature in this programme, allowing you to develop research and study skills as well as technical and expert knowledge. Assessments include completion of a research dissertation, written assignments, presentations, project reports, practical based and online portfolios and examinations.
Where can I go from here?
You can progress onto postgraduate study, gain employment with agricultural organisations or use your skills to run your own business.
- Academic Skills
- Industrial Experience
- Fundamentals of Agricultural Science
- Agricultural Mechanisation
- Livestock Production
- Crop Production
- Scientific Analytical Techniques
- Industrial Development
- Statistics and Research Methods
- Agricultural Policies and Legislation
- Farm Business Management
- Farm Environment and Wildlife
- Livestock Breeding Welfare and Nutrition
- Sustainable Agricultural Systems
- Agricultural Business Development
- Recent Developments In Agriculture
- Advanced Crop Production (Optional)
- Advanced Livestock Production (Optional)
- Further Statistics
- Professional Industrial Development
- A Levels – Three A Level passes, including two at grade C or above one of which should be in a science
- BTEC Ext. Diploma DMM
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Ext. Diploma (1080) DMM
- BTEC Diploma N/A
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Extended Diploma (720) N/A
- Access to HE A Merit profile in a relevant Access course with 96 tariff points including a minimum of 15 credits at merit in science-based units
- International Baccalaureate 24 points with HL Science at 4
- GCSEs in maths and English at grade C/4 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English.