What will I learn?
The course applies a scientific approach to natural resource management, wildlife conservation and sustainability, with an overall theme of applied ecological science. You will develop the skills to analyse and monitor a range of diverse ecosystems in the field and design and effectively implement management plans.
How will I be assessed?
Both formative assessments, allowing you to develop research and study skills as well as technical and expert knowledge and summative assessment feature in this programme. Summative assessments include completion of a research dissertation, written assignments, presentations, project and lab reports, practical based and online portfolios and open and closed examinations.
Where can I go from here?
You can progress onto postgraduate study, gain employment with conservation organisations or use your skills to run your own business. Sparsholt graduates now hold positions in wildlife conservation and consultancy, with government bodies such as Natural England and with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organisations).
• Global Ecosystems
• Science Foundations
• Conservation Work Practice
• Habitat and Species Identification
• Introduction to Ecological Science
• Academic Skills
• Land Use Policies and Legislations
• Applied Practical Skills
• Project Design and Research Statistics
• Conservation Land Management
• Applied Ecology
• Field Ecology Techniques
• Dissertation and Data Analysis
• Landscape Ecology and Geographic Information Systems
• Sustainable Resource Management
• Project and Site Management
• Global Biodiversity and Conservation Issues
• Professional Industrial Development
A Level Three A Level passes, including two at grade C or above one of which should be in a science
BTEC Ext. Diploma DMM
City & Guilds Ext. Diploma M + 6 units at Distinction
BTEC Diploma N/A
City & Guilds Diploma N/A
Access to HE A Merit profile in a relevant Access course with 45 credits at Level 3
International Baccalaureate 24 points with HL Science at 4
GCSEs in maths and English at grade C/4 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English.