What will I learn?
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
Learners will cover the following units
* Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
* Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
* Introduction to personalisation in social care
* Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
* Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
* Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
Government funding means that we are able to offer this course free of charge to eligible delegates. Learners will need to complete all units within 9 months and in the event of non-completion, a Â£100 administration fee will be charged.
Where will it lead me?
The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners for employment and to support a role in the workplace where the individual may work or interact with people with learning disabilities. This is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if theyâ€™ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification
Learners must be aged 19+ and have been resident in the EU for 3+ years to qualify for funding
Level of Study:Part-Time
- - (Flexible)