What does the qualification cover?
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
- First Aid At Work/ Personal Protective Equipment / Emergency Procedures / Fire Safety / Working at Height
- Electricity / Transport & Vehicles / Occupational Health
There is a multiple choice exam at the end of the course (1 hour)
Who is this qualification for?
This course is designed for employees working in any sector of business, whether manufacturing, commerce, public sector or the service industries
What are the benefits for employers?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless, employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.