What does the qualification cover?
- Applying & Monitoring Good Hygiene Practice
- Food Storage and Temperature Control
- Workplace & Equipment Design
- Staff Training
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection
- Personal hygiene
- Pest control
- Staff training
Who is the qualification for?
The intermediate level course is designed for those working in all food businesses at a supervisory level. This includes traditional supervisors and team leaders, but also anyone who needs a broad understanding of food hygiene as part of their work.
What are the benefits for employers?
Employers who train their supervisors gain team leaders who are competent in playing an active part in monitoring food hygiene standards with a greater knowledge of risk management. Employers also benefit with the training as it enables staff to be able to assist in hazard analysis programmes and help in the formulation and writing of hygiene policies. Employers who do invest in courses such as the Level 2 Supervising food safety are rewarded by an efficient workforce maintaining high standards in food safety.
- This is a three day programme (9.00am – 4.30pm)
- Attendees must have completed the Level 2 Award in Food Safety within the last three years to be eligible
- Delegates will receive a certification of achievement on successful completion of the course