What will I learn?
- Summarise the importance of food safety management procedures
- Explain the responsibilities of employers and employees in respect of food safety legislation and procedures for compliance
- Outline how the legislation is enforced
- Explain the importance of, and methods for, temperature control
- Explain procedures to control contamination and cross-contamination
- Justify the importance of high standards of personal hygiene
- Explain procedures for cleaning, disinfection and waste disposal
- Outline requirements relating to the design of food premises and equipment
- Describe the importance of, and methods for, pest control
- Describe the importance to food safety of microbial, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards
- Describe methods and procedures for controlling food safety to include critical control points, critical limits and corrective actions
- Explain the requirements for monitoring and recording food safety procedures
- Describe methods for, and the importance of, evaluating food safety controls and procedures
- Explain the requirements for induction and on-going training of staff
- Explain the importance of effective communication of food safety procedures
Learners will need to complete and pass a multiple choice question paper and gain a score of at least 40 out of 60 to be considered for a Pass.
It is recommended that learners refresh this qualification every 3 years.
What grades/experience will I need?
Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
It is recommended that learners already hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.