What does the qualification cover?
- To provide understanding of the main concepts of health and safety
- To promote the benefits of a health and safety culture
- To clarify the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety
- To provide an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors
Who is this qualification for?
This ‘Level 3’ qualification is designed for team leaders, supervisors and also anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues and working in a supervisory position.
What are the benefits for employers?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless, employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
- There is a multiple choice exam at the end of the course
- Attendees must have completed the Level 2 Award in Health & Safety within the last 3 years