What will I learn?
During this introductory course you’ll develop a wide range of practical and employment skills with game birds, deer, fish and modern machinery.
This course is designed to give you a range of skills and experiences to allow you to identify and progress on to your area of interest.
Learning in a realistic environment will give you the skills and confidence to progress further in education or into an Apprenticeship.
• Habitat and maintenance skills
• Animal welfare
• Conservation management
• Health and Safety in land-based industries
• Teamwork and communication
• Progression and personal development
• Maths and English skills
You will be required to work towards Maths or English GCSE if you do not have a grade C/4 or above.
What grades will I need?
GCSEs at grade D-E/3-1 or above, plus a good reference from your school or college.
What can I study next?
• Level 2 Technical Certificate in Land and Wildlife (Game) or (Fish) or (Countryside)
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Gamekeeping
Progression to Level 2 courses with career pathways:
• Assistant keeper
• Game farm assistant