What will I learn?
During this introductory course you’ll develop a wide range of practical and employment skills with game birds, deer, fish and conservation as well as the use of modern machinery.
The course is designed to give you a range of skills and experience to allow you to identify and progress on to your area of interest.
Learning in a realistic environment will also give you the skills and confidence to progress further in education or into an Apprenticeship.
- Habitat and maintenance skills
- Animal welfare
- Conservation management
- Health and Safety in land-based industries
- Teamwork and communication
- Progression and personal development
- Maths and English skills
What grades will I need?
GCSEs at grade D-E/ 3-1 or above, plus a good reference from your school or college.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Land and Wildlife (Game) or (Fish) or (Countryside)
progression to Level 2 courses with career pathways:
- Assistant Warden/ Countryside Ranger
- Countryside Recreation assistant
- Practical Habitat/ Estate worker
- Conservation Volunteering/ Internships
Optional additional qualifications
- Functional Skills in Maths and English