What does this workshop cover?
- What is meant by the term “Dementia”
- Different types of dementia
- Strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the disease
- Supporting the individual
- Managing behavioural changes
- Empowering the individual
Who is this programme for?
This course is aimed at staff working in the care environment and those who work or care for people with dementia. A general understanding of the issues associated with dementia will be established, including an understanding of types of dementia with practical strategies and skills to care for people with dementia.