What will I learn?
Today’s workforce is made up of many individuals who have responsibilities around caring for others. Many employers are keen to ensure that they provide a culture where those with family and caring responsibilities feel welcome and where they know that they will be supported by their manager. However other employers may struggle to accommodate those who need to juggle both family and working life; or to adapt their working practices to embrace flexibility.
This course looks at:
* The business benefits to becoming a family friendly and flexible employer
* Linking family friendly and flexible working to other HR / training and development strategies
* Overcoming cultural resistance in changing the way that people work
* Considering in detail the policy and process around statutory policies including maternity, paternity, parental leave
* Understand the process around flexible working applications and how to manage these
* Identifying other ways to become more family friendly and to accommodate flexibility in the workforce.
Where will it lead me?
Delegates may be interested in other courses from our HR suite (such as Managing Mental Health in the Workplace and Handling Discipline, Grievances and Investigations at Work
There are no entry requirements for this course
Level of Study:Part-Time
- 10/02/2020 - (VQDFFW/FC01)
- 03/04/2020 - (VQDFFW/FC02)