What will I learn?
The programme is designed to build your subject knowledge as the course progresses and explores topics in greater depth.
A combination of industrial placements in each year, annual residential field trips, visiting speakers and specialist lectures will maximise your industry exposure.
Start to specialise with optional modules in one of three pathways – crops, livestock or general agriculture.
How will I be assessed?
Final and in-session assessment will allow you to develop research and study skills as well as technical and expert knowledge.
Assessments include written assignments, presentations, project and lab reports, practical based and online portfolios and examinations.
Where can I go from here?
You can continue your studies with our BSc (Hons) Top-up programme, or enter industry. Graduates could use their skills to start a business or to work in agriculture.
- A Level Two A Level passes, including one at grade C or above one of which should be in a science
- BTEC Ext. Diploma MMP
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Ext. Diploma (1080) MMP
- BTEC Diploma MM
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical Extended Diploma (720) MM
- Access to HE A satisfactory pass in a relevant Access course with 45 credits at Level 3 with Science units at Merit
- International Baccalaureate Appropriate IB Certificates considered
- GCSEs in maths and English at grade C/4 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English.