What will I learn?
You will be part of a beating team and you will also undertake habitat management tasks as well as estate maintenance skills. This course is likely to be run in conjunction with the Level 1 Fish and Countryside Management which also gives you the opportunity to learn about fish management and river keeping.
Learning in a realistic environment will give you the skills and confidence to progress further in education or into an Apprenticeship.
• Husbandry and management of gamebirds
• Habitat management and estate maintenance skills
• Sports fishery management and riverkeeping
• Teamwork and communication
• Progression and personal development
• Maths and English skills
Functional Skills in Maths or English.
What grades will I need?
GCSEs at grade D-E/3-1 plus a good reference from your school or college.
Where will it lead me?
• Level 2 in Game Management or a related subject
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Gamekeeping
• Assistant keeper
• Game farm assistant