What will I learn?
You will be part of a beating team and undertake habitat management tasks as well as estate maintenance skills.
This course is likely to be run as a combined Level 1 Game and Fish Management option, which also gives you the opportunity to learn about fish management and riverkeeping.
Learning in a realistic environment will give you the skills and confidence to progress further in education or into an Apprenticeship.
• Husbandry and management of gamebirds
• Habitat management and estate maintenance skills
• Sports fishery management and riverkeeping
• Teamwork and communication
• Progression and personal development
• Maths and English skills
You will be required to work towards Maths or English GCSE if you do not have a grade C/4 or above.
What grades will I need?
GCSEs at grade D-E/3-1 or above, plus a good reference from your school or college.
What can I study next?
• Level 2 in Game Management or a related subject
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Gamekeeping
• Assistant keeper
• Game farm assistant