What will I learn?
You’ll be involved in a range of practical activities both at the College and off site at local shooting estates, where you’ll be working alongside their gamekeepers.
You’ll also put your skills into practice during a work placement, either with an industry-based employer or at the College – which will help you to build up valuable contacts and potentially gain employment.
• Game management and bird rearing
• Conservation and improvement of British habitats
• Industry skills development
• Introduction to firearms
• Maths and English Skills
• Pest and predator control
• Estate maintenance
Possible Additional Qualifications
• Maths or English GCSE if not held at grade C/4 or above
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English and Maths/Level 1 Diploma and a good school or college reference.
Where will it lead me?
• Level 3 Game Management or Countryside Management
• Apprenticeship in Gamekeeping at Level 2 or 3
• Pest Controller
• Estate worker