What will I learn?
You’ll be involved in a range of practical activities both at the College and off-site at local shooting estates, where you’ll be working alongside their gamekeepers.
You’ll also put your skills into practice during a work placement, either with an industry-based employer or at the College, which will help you to build up valuable contacts and potentially gain employment.
• Game and deer management and bird rearing
• Conservation and improvement of British habitats
• Industry skills development
• Introduction to firearms
• Pest and predator control
• Estate maintenance
• Maths and English Skills
You will be required to work towards Maths or English GCSE if you do not have a grade C/4 or above.
What grades will I need?
Maths and English GCSEs at grade D/3, plus two other GCSEs at grade D/3 or Level 1 qualification plus a good school or college reference.
What can I study next?
• Level 3 Game Management or Countryside Management
• Apprenticeship in Gamekeeping at Level 2 or 3
• Pest controller
• Estate worker