What will I learn?
You’ll take part in weekly work experience on the College campus to familiarise yourself with a true working environment. A range of visits to support the curriculum will be arranged over the year including RHS Garden Wisley, Sir Harold Hillier Gardens and the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
• Establishment and maintenance of plants outdoors
• Plant and soil science
• Landscape construction
• Horticultural machinery
• Plant identification and selection
Possible Additional Qualifications
• Employment Practical Horticulture Skills
• Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Pedestrian Controlled Mowers
• Functional Skills in English and Maths/GCSE in English and Maths
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, or a relevant Level 1 qualification.
Where will it lead me?
• Level 3 in Horticulture
• Level 3 Apprenticeship in Horticulture
• Amenity horticulture
• Garden centres
• Hard landscaping