What does the course cover?
- Explain why effective business writing is so important
- Identify negative consequences of poorly written communication
- Identify your target audience and their requirements
- Describe different purposes for business writing
- Plan with clear objectives in mind
- Select correct templates for business cases and proposals
- Format and structure your business writing using appropriate terminology
- Review your use of grammar and punctuation
- Delete unnecessary words so content is unambiguous and concise
- Identify different proof reading techniques
- Apply to practical work based scenarios and case studies
What are the benefits for employers?
An essential element of customer service (whether internal or external customers) is providing professionally written business communications including letters, emails, business cases or reports. Professionally written, accurate, succinct and “understandable” communications are vital to ensure information is not misinterpreted and problems and issues are resolved.