What does the qualification cover?
- Apply basic management principles and practices to Health and Safety issues
- Set practical Health and Safety objectives and be able to plan and implement means of achieving those objectives
- Recognise risks present in the workplace and set appropriate control measures
- Take account of risks posed by human factors
- Ensure that adequate information, instruction, training and supervision is provided within the workplace
- Investigate all incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions
- Communicate effectively on Health and Safety issues with superiors, employees and Health and Safety professionals
- Understand the main legal requirements of employers and manager and to act to fulfil these obligations
Who is this qualification for?
This course is for an manager who wishes to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills required to manage health and safety in a proactive manner within the workplace.
What are the benefits for employers?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Managing Safely won’t turn your staff into experts but will give them the tools to tackle the health and safety issues you require then to be responsible for.
- UKHSE Training Limited are the IOSH accredited training provider that will be delivering this course
- Candidates who complete the course including a written assessment and project and will then be awarded the IOSH certificate in Managing Safety
- There is a multiple choice exam at the end of the course