The programme focuses on:
- Individual learning programmes
- Building self-confidence through achievable goals
- Hands on practical activities
- High levels of pastoral support
- Working in small groups
- Health and well-being activities
You will undertake a programme of study for these qualifications:
- Certificate in Independent Living and Employability skills
- Maths and English qualifications to develop skills for further progression
- Health and Safety units
You will develop both knowledge and practical skills in:
- Kitchen skills
- Employability skills
- Time management
- Personal and social development
- On-site work experience
- Specialist and experienced staff in exceptional on-site facilities
- Small student groups
- Some animal and plant work in Horticulture, the Animal Management Centre and the College farm
- You could progress within the Foundation Studies Programme or on to further education and training
What do I need to join the course?
A good reference, interest in the subject and attendance at an interview and Taster Day.
What can I study next?
Students could progress in the Foundation Studies Programme or on to Further Education and training. Students will have an end of year review with their tutor to decide on the most suitable option.