The programme focuses on:
- Individual learning programmes
- Building self-confidence through achievable goals
- Hands on practical activities
- High levels of pastoral support
- Working in small groups
- Health and well-being activities
Life Skills Certificate to include:
- Time management
- Personal and social development
- On-site work experience
- Specialist and experienced staff in exceptional on-site facilities
- Small student groups
- Some animal and plant work in Horticulture, the Animal Management Centre and the College farm
What do I need to join the course?
A good reference, interest in the subject and attendance at an interview and Taster Day.
What can I study next?
Students could progress in the Foundation Studies Programme or on to Further Education and training. Students will have an end of year review with their tutor to decide on the most suitable option.