What does the qualification cover?
Successful completion of this workshop will provide participants with the following:
- An overview understanding of what Microsoft Project is and what it is not, incorporating a fundamental understanding of the ‘relational database’
- Effective and accurate scheduling in Microsoft Project, by the use of constraints and critical milestones
- A fundamental understanding of Resource scheduling and Management in Microsoft Project, identifying over-allocated resources and performing basic leveling functions
- Ability to establish and maintain tight control over projects – baselining the plan in Microsoft Project, and performing tracking functions for reliable status reporting
- Disciplines in realigning projects to reach critical milestones
- An introduction to the variety of Project progress reporting capabilities in Microsoft Project
Who is this qualification for?
This workshop is designed for Project Managers, team members and service managers seeking an elevated level of proficiency in the management of their projects through the use of available software tools for project scheduling and control.
As this is an introductory to intermediate programme, there are no requirements for previous experience with Microsoft Project, although basic PC and software skills would be advantageous. A fundamental competence, however, in operating Microsoft Windows is essential for this fast-paced course.