What will I learn?
If you choose the sports pathway, you’ll benefit from the College’s extensive range of on-site sport facilities. Our Animal Management Centre houses domestic, exotic and zoo animals and our Equine Centre provides ample opportunity for photographing eventing in action. The beautiful natural environment of the campus provides plenty of opportunity for landscape photography as well as specialist botanical imagery.
You’ll also have access to a range of digital filming equipment and participation in filming, photography and media opportunities in local, regional and national competitions. A range of optional trips will be provided to further enable you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
• Materials, techniques and processes in art and design
• Communication through art and design
• Darkroom practice and image manipulation
• Personal and professional development in art and design
• Freelance work
• Digital image capture and editing
• Location photography
What grades will I need?
• Five GCSEs including Science, with Maths and English at grade C/4 and a portfolio of photography work.
Where will it lead me?
• FdSc or BSc degrees in Photography, Creative Media or Journalism
• Work for local or national newspapers
• In-house photographer
• Freelance employment