Who is this qualification for?
If you are a practising electrician, then you must comply with the regulations for electrical work. If you were certified for the previous edition of the IET wiring regulations (which came into force in June 2001), you can take a one day refresher course. However, if you are a newly qualified electrician or have not achieved a qualification against the last amendment or the 17th Edition & Amendment No1, you will need to do this four day programme.
What does the qualification cover?
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
What are the benefits for employers?
This City and Guilds qualification is proof that an individual has the right skills to do their job and an understanding of how the 17th Regulations should be applied in the workplace. Many employers will request and encourage their employees to have this qualification to work in the Industry. This qualification can also lead to new career opportunities as an inspector or surveyor.
- This is a Level 3 course (9am – 4:30pm)
- There will be an on-line 2 hour exam on the final day. Results available immediately
- Prerequisites for this course: candidates should be practising electricians