What will I learn?
The course involves a mix of theory and practice, relating to sport, recreation, leisure and physical education. This course also includes work experience, visits to local industries and guest speakers, as well as the opportunity to run your own event. You’ll work with talented athletes training on our other sports programmes, devising fitness programmes, advising on injuries, nutrition and performance enhancement techniques to develop your knowledge of real training situations.
In addition to the course we offer lots of extra-curricular activities such as five-a-side football, badminton, gym club, climbing club, kayaking, community coaching projects and much more.
• Anatomy and physiology
• Fitness training and programming for health, sport and wellbeing
• Sports leadership
• Practical sports performance
• Coaching for performamnce
• Application of fitness testing
• Sports pschology
• Sports event organisation
Optional Additional Qualifications
• Gym/Kettlebell/Circuits Instructor
• First Aid
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English at grade C/4 or Level 2 Diploma at Merit level.
What can I study next?
• FdSc or BSc courses in Sport Science, Sports Journalism or Sports Development.
• Sports journalism
• Sports therapist
• Personal training