What will I learn?
You will explore the active leisure and learning sector, and how customer service, teamwork, the maintenance of facilities and health and safety are important to the role of recreation assistant. In addition to the course we offer lots of extracurricular activities such as five-a-side football, badminton, gym club, kayaking, community coaching projects and much more.
• Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
• Customer care and diversity in active leisure
• Teamwork in active leisure
• Handling and maintaining equipment in active leisure
• Cleaning in active leisure
• Understanding how to sell services and products to customers in active leisure
• Understanding employment rights and responsibilities
• Health, safety, security and welfare in active leisure
• Developing self in an active leisure job role
Optional Additional Qualifications
• First aid
You will be required to work towards Maths or English GCSE if you do not have a grade C/4 or above.
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/3, Maths and English at grade D/3, Level 1 Diploma or equivalent.
What can I study next?
• Level 3 Diploma in Sport, Outdoor Adventure or Uniformed Public Services.
• Leisure Assistant