What will I learn?
This course encompasses a range of outdoor and adventurous activities and sports based units, as well as a wide variety of public services subjects. You’ll be involved in and exposed to a range of activities that will support your development and progression to employment or Higher Education, including extra-curricular trips to Bournemouth Airport Training Facility for anti terrorist combat training, La Fosca Mediterranean Watersports adventure as well as meeting a variety of Public Service employees to aid you in successful application to your chosen service.
- Leadership and team work
- Physical preparation for the public services
- Land/water based skills/leadership
- Crime and its effects
- Command and control
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English/Level 2 at Merit level with Level 2 English.
Where will it lead me?
- Degree (BSc) or Foundation Degree (FdSc) courses
- BSc Police Studies
- BSc Paramedic Science
- BSc Criminology/Forensics
- Officer Training in the Armed Forces
- Enlistment into the Uniformed Public Services
- Emergency services (police/ambulance/fire brigade)
- Armed forces (British Army/Royal Navy/Royal Air Force)
- HM prison service
- Customs/border control
- Rescue Services
- Paramedic Science
- Fitness Instructor
- Outdoor/adventure training instructor
Possible Additional Qualifications
• Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Policing