What will I learn?
As part of the course you’ll also take part in some work experience to develop your employability. Our dedicated industry staff work with our students to achieve results consistently above the national average and encourage a real team spirit. You’ll take part in trips and visits to places such as World Rally Championships in Wales, Auto Sport International show, Santa Pod drag racing, MACH Engineering Show and Beaulieu Motor Museum to broaden your knowledge of the industry ready for employment.
• Health and safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
• Supporting job roles in the automotive work environment
• Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
• Inspection, repair and replacement of high performance light vehicle tyres
• Inspection and replacement of light vehicle exhaust components
• Inspection, testing and replacement of vehicle batteries and related components
• Inspection, adjustment and replacement of light vehicle braking systems and components
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs including Science, with Maths and English at grade D/3 or relevant Level 1 Diploma in Motor Vehicle and minimum of Level 1 Functional skills in English and Maths
What can I study next?
• Level 2 Maintenance Service and Repair (with English and Maths GCSE grade C/4 or above)
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Vehicle Fitting- Fast Fit
• Fast-fit fitter
• Semi-Skilled vehicle fitter
Optional Additional Qualifications
• GCSE English and Maths