What will I learn?
This course is a great starting point for your career in the motor vehicle industry, giving you the chance to use the equipment found in any motor vehicle workshop and learn the basic health and safety needed in the workplace.
As well as learning basic driving techniques using the College’s dual control car and building and driving go-karts, you’ll also have the opportunity to go on trips to Teamsport go-karting, Auto Sport International show, Santa Pod drag racing, Silverstone Education Centre and Moto GP, Mercedes World and MACH Engineering Show.
• Health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance
• Tools, equipment, and materials for vehicle maintenance
• Si engine systems, components and operation
• Engine liquid cooling and lubrication systems components and operation
• Steering and suspension systems components and maintenance (four wheels or more)
• Vehicle braking system components and maintenance
• Vehicle lighting system maintenance
• Preparation to become a driver
• Electric vehicle awareness
What grades will I need?
GCSEs at grade 3-1/D-E or above/successful completion of an Entry Level Course
What can I study next?
• IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles
• IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
• Level 2 Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship
• Fast-fit workshop
• Tyre fitting
• Body repair centre
Optional Additional Qualifications
• Level 1 or Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in English or Maths, grade E/1