What will I learn?
As well as learning basic driving techniques using the College’s dual control car and building and driving go-karts, you’ll also have the opportunity to go on trips to Teamsport go-karting, Auto Sport International show, Santa Pod drag racing, Silverstone Education Centre and Moto GP, Mercedes World and MACH Engineering Show.
• Health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance
• Tools, equipment, and materials for vehicle maintenance
• Si engine systems, components and operation
• Engine liquid cooling and lubrication systems components and operation
• Steering and suspension systems components and maintenance (four wheels or more)
• Vehicle braking system components and maintenance
• Vehicle lighting system maintenance
• Electric vehicle awareness
• Preparation to become a driver
What grades will I need?
No formal entry qualifications are required- we’ll be looking for an enthusiasm for motor vehicles and evidence of a basic education at interview.
Where will it lead me?
• IMIAL Level 2 in Vehicle Fitting Principles
• IMIAL Level 2 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
• Level 2 Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship
• Fast-fit workshop
• Tyre fitting
• Body repair centre
Possible Additional Qualifications
• Level 1 or Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in English or Maths, grade E/1