What will I learn?
This programme is designed to help you develop veterinary nursing knowledge and effective clinical skills in preparation for the responsibilities of professional registration and veterinary practice.
• Anatomy and physiology
• Welfare, health and husbandry for Veterinary Nursing
• Operational requirements for professional relationships
• Essential nursing care and infection control in veterinary practice
• Anaesthesia and critical care support
This course will require you to be in full-time paid employment with a registered and approved training practice.
For details of approved training practices please see the RCVS website or contact us on 01962 776441 for more details.
What grades will I need?
• Five GCSEs including Science, with Maths and English at grade C/4 or Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship – Nursing Assistant in a Veterinary Environment (VCA) or equivalent. Full-time paid employment as detailed.
Where will it lead me?
• Higher Education such as post-professional registration degree programme
• RCVS post-qualification Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing framework
• Veterinary Nursing in general practice
• Veterinary Nursing in a specialist or referral practice
• Animal health and conservation (UK or overseas)
• Work within education at a specialist Further Education college or through an organisation such as BVNA or RCVS
• Insurance for animal health companies
• Work for organisations such as DEFRA, LANTRA and a variety of charities such as the RSPCA, PDSA and the Blue Cross