The programme focuses on:
- Individual learning programme
- Building self-confidence through achievable goals
- Hands on practical activities
- High levels of pastoral support
- Working in small groups
- Health and well-being activities
- City and Guilds Diploma in Skills for Working Life
- Maths and English qualifications to develop skills for further progression
- Health and safety units
- Working with plants and animals:
– Horticulture: identify plants, prepare, plant and weed an area
– Agriculture: recognise farm animals, bed down and feed farm animals
– Floristry: wrap flowers and plants, and make seasonal arrangements
– Animal Care: recognise small animals, assist with cleaning animal housing and feeding animals
What do I need to join the course?
A good reference, interest in the subject and attendance at an interview and taster day.
Students could progress in the Foundation Studies Programme or onto further education and training. Students will have an end of year review with their tutor to decide on the suitable option.