Sparsholt students have the option of living onsite in dedicated HE halls or sharing student accommodation and facilities with the University of Winchester which is just four miles from campus – so whether you prefer a scenic rural base or a busy City, the choice is yours.
Shopping and leisure activities are all on your doorstep and you will also have use of the University’s sports and catering facilities, as well as the Student Union and library. Enjoy club nights, comedy, quizzes and live music; or browse books, surf the internet, borrow DVDs and work in peace.
A regular public bus service runs between Winchester and Sparsholt and a Megarider gold pass can be purchased at a special rate of £385 (2016-17 price) for Burma Road residential students. For further information regarding this pass, please visit our Transport page. You will also be walking distance from Winchester Rail Station, making trips to see friends and family easy.
Costs per academic year 2016-17:
Fees quoted are based on 2016/17 rates and will be subject to change in 2017/18. This page will be updated when final fees are confirmed.
Sparsholt (En suite)
University of Winchester Burma Road (En suite)
£5,217 (Over-18 Self Catering, 42 weeks)
A refundable deposit of £150 against damages will also be required when applying.
What can Sparsholt Burma Road residents access?
All students living at Burma Road:
- are eligible to participate in clubs and societies and any other service or activity of the Students’ Union with the exception of voting rights in union elections and participation in the BUCS league for sports
- are able to attend SU events on production of valid UoW ID. It is possible for Burma Road residents to sign a guest in to events – please see SU rules for further details
- shall be offered use of the following University services at the same charges payable by students of the University:
– Catering facilities
– Students’ Union events with valid UoW ID
– Students’ Union clubs and societies subject to the rules and regulations of sporting bodies that govern the competitions that teams participate in
– Library including book loans and photocopying
– Gym and sports facilities hire is available to resident Sparsholt students subject to using the booking facilities applicable from time to time and subject to the same level of charges incurred by other students
What can Sparsholt non-resident students access?
All students NOT living at Burma Road:
- Can purchase NUS cards; these are available online with an option to self-select the institution you are applying for. The card is then sent to your home address
- NUS cards are not accepted as ID for the University of Winchester Students’ Union
- All non-resident Sparsholt students would need to be signed in as a guest as they do not hold official University ID
- Student’s Union guests must be accompanied by a Burma Road resident or another University of Winchester student
- Non-resident students along with members of the general public may use the library for reference and study purposes. Borrowing has always been restricted to registered UoW students, with the recent addition of Burma Road residents
- Gym and sports facilities hire is available to non-resident Sparsholt students subject to using the booking facilities applicable from time to time and subject to the same level of charges incurred by other students
The University of Winchester is signed up to The Universities UK Code of Practice for the management of student housing. The code assists those managing student accommodation by setting out the main elements of good management practice. It covers health and safety, maintenance and repair, and relationships between managers and student tenants and is also designed to assist students in understanding both the standards and procedures applying to their accommodation and their obligations as tenants or licensees.