Further Education Wellbeing Support
Starting college and studying a subject that you are passionate about is exciting but it can be daunting too. We know how important it is to stay focused on your studies but recognise that life can get in the way sometimes.
That’s why we have a highly experienced Student Wellbeing Team to ensure you are able to cope with any obstacles life throws at you and to offer information and support. The team includes specialist wellbeing practitioners, Counsellors and nurses. The team are dedicated to listening and empowering you to resolve any challenges you might face to enable you to be as successful as possible at college and beyond.
The wellbeing team is focused on enabling learners to become increasingly independent learners and individuals, with the resilience to cope with the challenges they face now and in the future.
We can support students with a wide range of matters such as:
• If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, we can agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification. These are examples of what we can do but come and see us with any issues or queries you have – we are here to help!
How we can help:
• If you have an unspent criminal offence, this does not necessarily prevent you from studying at Sparsholt. We can usually agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
• We offer confidential one to one sessions to talk about any issues you may have and together, we will agree an action plan.
• We can give confidential support on sexual health matters. There is also an on-site sexual health clinic held once a week.
• If you are a looked after child, care leaver, young carer, young parent, LGBTQ+ or GRT – let us know. There may be additional support for you.
• We have a college nurse on site for our residents or those with complex medical needs, as well as a counselling service and dedicated careers team.
• If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, we can agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
These are examples of what we can do but come and see us with any issues or queries you have – we are here to help!
Our specialist team are always on hand to provide a friendly, non-judgemental service, if you have any concerns or need support please contact us:
Call 01962 797274
Additional Learning Support
We have a dedicated additional learning support team, who want to help you reach your potential. Our staff work across the college teams, organising and implementing a wide range of support programmes, each tailored to the learner.
Support could include:
- in-class support
- one-to one support sessions,
- study and assignment workshops,
- access arrangements,
- assistive technology
We also work closely with a variety of different partnership agencies to ensure the best experience for our students. If you would like to know more, please visit us on Open Days or Telephone 01962 797211
Learning Resource Centre
Our onsite learning resource centre and library are open to all students. Research online journals on the suite of computers, find specialist books, or just enjoy a quiet space to focus on your study. Our computers are equipped with all the software you need to work independently on your assignments.
For our Higher Education students we also have a recently opened Higher Education Study Centre, a dedicated building for our Foundation, Honours and Master’s degree students. This study retreat offers computer facilities, mentoring rooms and a lounge. This investment is a continuation of the growth of Undergraduate and Postgraduate study at University Centre Sparsholt.
For further information about support and resources available to Higher Education students – please see our Support and Resources – Higher Education page