Further Education Student Support
Our student services and wellbeing team are always here for you, offering confidential help with things like your finances, relationships, family, travel and health matters. You will have a pastoral tutor to guide and help you with any challenges you might have and they will liaise with your teachers to help keep you on track with work and assignments
The Student Support team, based in Student Services has two roles: one as a one stop shop for all student enquires, the other is to provide you with additional support for any worries or difficulties you have which are affecting your time at college.
Starting college and studying a subject that you are passionate about is exciting but it can be daunting too.Â We know how important it is to stay focussed on your studies but recognise that life can get in the way sometimes.
These are examples of what we can do, but come and see us with any issues or queries – we are here to help!
- If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, we can agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
- If you have an unspent criminal offence, this does not necessarily prevent you from studying at Sparsholt. We can usually agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
- We offer confidential one to one sessions to talk about any issues you may have and together, we will agree an action plan.
- We can give confidential advice on sexual health matters. There is also an on-site sexual health clinic held once a week.
- If you are a looked after child, care leaver, young carer, young parent, LGBTQ+ or GRT – let us know. There could be extra funding or support for you.
- We also have a specialist counselling service and careers advisor available on site.
If you would like to discuss any additional support, please get in touch …
Call 01962 797274
Our onsite learning resource centre and library are open to all students; research online journals on the suite of computers, find specialist books, or just enjoy a quiet space to focus on your study. Our computers are equipped with all the software you need to work independently on your assignments.
For our Higher Education students we also have a recently opened Higher Education Study Centre, a dedicated building for our Foundation, Honours and Master’s degree students. This study retreat offers computer facilities, mentoring rooms and a lounge. This investment is a continuation of the growth of Undergraduate and Postgraduate study at University Centre Sparsholt.
For further information about support and resources available to Higher Education students – please see our Support and Resources – Higher Education page