Skip to main content

Our onsite learning resource centre and library are open to all students; research online journals on the suite of computers, find specialist books, or just enjoy a quiet space to focus on your study. Our computers are equipped with all the software you need to work independently on your assignments.

We recently opened our new Higher Education Study Centre, a dedicated building for our Foundation, Honours and Master’s degree students. This study retreat offers computer facilities, mentoring rooms and a lounge. This investment is a continuation of the growth of Undergraduate and Postgraduate study at Sparsholt College.

Need childcare? Newly opened for Autumn 2014, the Farley Outdoor Nursery is the first and only outdoor yurt-based nursery! Your child will be encouraged to spend much of their time outside – planting, growing, nurturing, investigating and exploring. This approach helps them gain awareness of, and respect for, their environment.

Our student support team are second to none, providing confidential help at all times with any issues you may be experiencing. You’ll also have a tutor to guide you with any difficulties you might have and liaise with your lecturers to keep you on track with work and assignments. Our college counsellor is also available to provide advice, guidance and support.

Many students need additional support with their studies and our learning support team can provide all the help you need. From general help with spelling, grammar and writing assignments to specific needs such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, you can count on us to be there for you.

Whether it’s taking measurements or writing reports, English and Maths are essential skills for life. Don’t worry, though, if you haven’t achieved a grade C GCSE in English or Maths. We will provide you with additional study time to re-sit the course alongside your main study programme.

For further information about support and resources available to Higher Education students – please see our Support and Resources – Higher Education page

  • Students Services can help with...

    • Appointments with a Student Advisor or College Counsellor
    • Appointments with a Careers Advisor or the College Nurse (residents only)
    • Chlamydia testing, condoms and emergency contraception advice
    • Council tax exemption letters
    • Exam queries / extenuating circumstances
    • Fishing tickets
    • Gym inductions – bookings and payments
    • Handing in HE assignments
    • HE access for aquatics/vet nursing/HE rooms/art rooms
    • ID cards – issuing, updating and printing
    • Lost and found property
    • Forms for:
      – Changing personal details
      – Discretionary support fund (hardship)
      – Extenuating circumstances
      – HE assignment front cover
      – Tell us what you think/feedback forms