Further Education Wellbeing Support
Starting college and studying a subject that you are passionate about is exciting, but it can be daunting too. We know how important it is to stay focussed on your studies but recognise that life can get in the way sometimes. At Sparsholt College you will have a dedicated Pastoral Tutor who will support you and refer you to the Wellbeing Team if needed.
The Wellbeing Team, based in Student Services is a one stop shop for all student enquires such as travel, funding, gym membership, lost property and sports hire. Additional support is available for any worries or difficulties you have which are affecting your time at college.
These are examples of what we can do but come and see us with any issues or queries you have – we are here to help!
• If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, we can agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
• If you have an unspent criminal offence, this does not necessarily prevent you from studying at Sparsholt. We can usually agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
• We offer confidential one to one sessions to talk about any issues you may have and together, we will agree an action plan.
• We can give confidential advice on sexual health matters. There is also an on-site sexual health clinic held once a week.
• If you are a looked after child, care leaver, young carer, young parent, LGBTQ+ or GRT – let us know. There may be additional support for you.
• We have a college nurse on site for our residents or those with complex medical needs, as well as a counselling service and careers advisor.
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please get in touch …
Call 01962 797274
Useful Websites and Apps
Additional Learning Support
We have a dedicated team of Learning Support Assistants, to discuss individual learning support needs please visit us on Open Days or Telephone 01962 797211
Learning Resource Centre
Our onsite learning resource centre and library are open to all students. Research online journals on the suite of computers, find specialist books, or just enjoy a quiet space to focus on your study. Our computers are equipped with all the software you need to work independently on your assignments.
For our Higher Education students we also have a recently opened Higher Education Study Centre, a dedicated building for our Foundation, Honours and Master’s degree students. This study retreat offers computer facilities, mentoring rooms and a lounge. This investment is a continuation of the growth of Undergraduate and Postgraduate study at University Centre Sparsholt.
For further information about support and resources available to Higher Education students – please see our Support and Resources – Higher Education page