Skip to main content
  • Cambridge English Language Assessment

    Cambridge English: First (FCE) and Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) are two secure English language tests (SELTs) that can realise the necessary B2 band proficiency for a Tier 4 visa and for access to Sparsholt College courses.

    For Sparsholt College FdSc and BSc(Hons) courses: with the FCE you will need grade C with a CES score of 169 or above; with the CAE you will need a level B2 with a CES score of 169 or above.

    For Sparsholt College MSc courses: with the FCE you will need grade B with a CES score of 176 or above; with the CAE you will need a level B2 with a CES score of 176 or above.

    See the Cambridge website for more information.

    A full list of UKVI approved secure English language tests (SELTs) is available here.

    For students not requiring a visa, please see the entry requirements on the College website.

  • CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies)

    A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is a virtual document issued by an educational institution when they are satisfied that an application to study is complete and genuine. A CAS statement has a unique reference number, and it contains information about the course of study for which it has been issued and the applicant’s details. A CAS statement is an essential part of the Tier 4 visa application process.

    You will be issued with a CAS after you have been offered and you have accepted a place to study at Sparsholt College, and after you have paid the fees deposit of £2000. It can take a week to issue a CAS. Your CAS will be sent to you as an email containing your unique CAS number and the relevant information to complete your visa application form.

    Please contact the international office if you have any questions about the CAS process.

  • Climate

    This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget

    The UK Meteorological Office publishes annual average weather statistics for many locations in the UK – the nearest base to Sparsholt College and Winchester provides monthly averages including temperature, rainfall, and sunshine. Our average winter maximum temperature is 7.4C, and the average winter minimum is 1.3C; the summer average maximum is 22.7C, with an average summer minimum of 11.3C.

    Full details about Sparsholt College and Winchester’s climate can be found here.

  • Coach travel

    National Express is an express coach service that covers destinations across the UK. National Express operates a regular service between Winchester and London Heathrow Airport and London Gatwick Airport.

  • Contacts

    You can contact the international office with any questions you may have about life and study at the College.

    The international office direct telephone line is +44 (0) 1962 797387

    Some other useful contacts:

    The British Council – The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries, bringing international opportunity to life, every day.

    a budgeting tool for international students – The international student calculator will help you work out how to manage your money and build a budget for living and studying in the UK.

    Education UK – The British Council portal to information on life and study in the UK.

    EU student finance information – The GOV.UK website providing information about UK/EU student finance.

    National Health Service (NHS) – The UK National Health Service website.

    UKCISA – UKCISA provides a wide range of information and advice for international students.

    visas and immigration – GOV.UK information on visas and immigration.

    weather – The UK Meteorological Office (Met Office) website for information on local, national, and international weather – and much more.

  • Council Tax

    You will not have to pay Council Tax if you are living in Sparsholt College or University of Winchester accommodation.

    If you live in private sector accommodation whose only other occupants are students, you will not have to pay Council Tax. However, if you live in accommodation where any of the other occupants is not a student in full-time education, then you will have to pay Council Tax.