Student Services & Wellbeing
Student Services is the information hub for all student enquires such as travel, funding, lost property, locker hire and general questions and queries. The Wellbeing Team are here to support you with your mental health or any difficulties you have that are affecting your time at UCS’.
How we support your Wellbeing…
At University Centre Sparsholt you will have a network of support services available to you who will help you make the most of your time at Sparsholt.
Studying for a degree in a subject that you are passionate about is exciting, but it can also bring its own unique challenges. We know how important it is to stay focused on your studies but recognise that life can get in the way sometimes. Some of these new challenges could affect your mental health, physical health, and overall wellbeing. The wellbeing and residential team are on hand to offer support when you get here.
You will have a dedicated Tutor who will support you through your studies. You’ll meet regularly and they’ll advise you on your academic progress and support your personal development. They can also signpost you to academic and wellbeing support services.
Student Study Coach
The Study Coach is a 2nd or 3rd year student who provides an hour a week of academic coaching to a 1st year group. They are usually studying the same subject as the group that they are coaching so have the experience of being a 1st year, what it’s like to become a degree student, and the associated challenges of studying at Higher Education . They provided support and guidance on a range of academic skills, as well as working through assignments and any other aspects of the course that 1st year students are finding tricky. Having been a 1st year student themselves they are some of the best people to support new students as they embark on their new course.
Residential Support Wardens
The Residential Support Wardens are available on site 24/7 to offer welfare support for students living in our halls of residence on campus. They can be contacted on the duty mobile, by email or pop to the Wardens office.
They can help resolve any issues between flatmates, signpost to other services and respond to emergency situations.
Our experienced team are here to encourage you to live healthy, independent lives and form a safe inclusive community for living and learning at UCS.
Student Services is the information hub for all student enquires such as travel, funding, lost property, locker hire and general questions or queries
The Wellbeing Team
We can support you with your wellbeing and mental health. We offer confidential support through 1-1 sessions where you can talk about any issues that you may have and together, we will agree an action plan.
- UCS has a free counselling service which is available to all students who feel this would be of benefit to them.
- If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, we encourage you to share this with us through the registration process. There is an opportunity for you to tell us how you would like to be supported so that you can come to Sparsholt and achieve your chosen qualification.
- If you have an unspent criminal offence, this does not necessarily prevent you from studying at Sparsholt, but we do require you to declare it. We can usually agree a support plan for you so that you can come to Sparsholt and achieve your chosen qualification.
- We can give confidential information and support on sexual health matters. There is also an on-site sexual health clinic held once a week. Clinic is for those up to 24 years of age.
- We have a college nurse on site for our residents or those with complex medical needs.
- We have online resources for self-help and information. Available 24/7, accessible in A-Z format for ease of access including video’s, apps, websites and resources.
- We can give support with practical matters, such as changes in circumstances.
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please get in touch:
Call 01962 797274