Study Support With Your Degree
Everyone learns in different ways and what’s the best method of studying for one person may not be for another. Therefore at University Centre Sparsholt we pride ourselves in having a specialist team to assist our degree students with their studies.
Our dedicated Degree Study Support team can help with:
- Study skills tailored to your needs
- Specialist ASD mentoring
- Exam access arrangements
- Advice and guidance on DSA process and assessments required to ensure that you receive the help you need.
You can find the team in tutorial rooms in either the Library or the HE Study Centre on the following days:
- Tuesday 08.30-17.00
- Wednesday 08.30-19.00
- Thursday 08.30-19.00
- Friday 08.30-16.30
If you feel you may need some support with your studies please do get in touch with the team:
Call: 01962 797337
*Please note it can take up to two months to complete an assessment and gain approval for DSA support so it is important that you arrange this before starting on your degree.
- DSA Quality Assurance
- Process for DSA Assessments
- Information for Agencies providing DSA support
- Information for students in recent of DSA support provided by an external agency
NMH rates for DSA support are as follows: NMH – April 2019 – March 2020
View and download our Study and Exam Support for Students on Higher Education Courses booklet!
Higher Education Wellbeing Support
Studying for Degree in a subject that you are passionate about is exciting, but it can be daunting too. We know how important it is to stay focussed on your studies but recognise that life can get in the way sometimes. At University Centre Sparsholt you will have a dedicated Tutor who will support you through your studies and can refer you to the Wellbeing Team if needed.
The Wellbeing Team, based in Student Services is a one stop shop for all student enquires such as travel, funding, gym membership, lost property and sports hire. Additional support is available for any worries or difficulties you have which are affecting your time at UCS.
These are examples of what we can do but come and see us with any issues or queries you have – we are here to help!
• If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, we can agree a support plan for you so that you can come to college and achieve your chosen qualification.
• If you have an unspent criminal offence, this does not necessarily prevent you from studying at Sparsholt. We can usually agree a support plan for you so that you can come to Sparsholt and achieve your chosen qualification.
• We offer confidential one to one sessions to talk about any issues you may have and together, we will agree an action plan.
• We can give confidential advice on sexual health matters. There is also an on-site sexual health clinic held once a week.
• We have a college nurse on site for our residents or those with complex medical needs, as well as a counselling service and careers advisor.
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please get in touch:
Call 01962 797274
Library and Learning Resources
Having a comfortable and pleasant environment to study in is key to your learning success. Our specialist Higher Education Study Centre, offers computer facilities, mentoring rooms and a lounge with over one hundred reading places for a cosy research environment, with relaxing views over a landscaped park.
All students have access to the Library and Learning Resource Centre which houses a collection of specialist tools to support coursework and research including a wide range of electronic resources including ebooks, ejournals and online databases that are accessible both on and off campus. As well as more traditional resources such as books, journals, DVDs, reference, reports, a careers collection, exam papers and thesis. Wireless access is provided to complement the laptops and computers available for student use.
Experienced library staff are always pleased to offer support and guidance. Flexible arrangements are available to part-time students (e.g. extended borrowing periods as appropriate, telephone renewals, etc).
Our collaboration with the University of Portsmouth provides all Higher Education students with access to the libraries, research and study facilities available to their undergraduates. Those students resident in University of Winchester accommodation also have access to these facilities on the Winchester campus.