All courses in Arboriculture, Forestry and Woodland Management have access to a wide range of facilities, both on campus and in the surrounding areas. Off campus, extensive use is made of local forests, woodlands and arboreta for visits and practical field trips, together with operational planning and assessment exercises.
Our resources include:
- Sawmill and timber processing area – for developing skills in adding value to products and processing
- Safe training areas for chainsaw, brush cutters, strimmers and machine operation – essential for machine skills development
- Workshops for maintenance of chainsaw and other equipment
- Safe tree climbing practise areas, with a wide variety of trees on site or nearby to enhance climbing skills
- Local forests to provide management practise and hands-on training to commercial standards
- Students also have the chance to become involved in projects such as the tallest tree project and the national student climbing competition to widen interest and experience