The Sparsholt College Football Academy (Elite Tier, Tier 1, 2, 3) is for talented and committed players between the ages of 16 and 19. The program aims to develop footballing potential as well as enabling players to gain national
qualifications in sport.
Recognising that players develop at different ages our Tier 1 programme gives players a chance to progress to the Elite Centre. Most of these players will have been involved close to this standard previously and wish to play in a
high quality competitive environment.
Most of our tier 2 players will play the majority of their competitive football within our college leagues (midweek) but can gain all the advantages of being in a full time programme.
Our tier 3 players will also gain match opportunities and regular training at a slightly less intense environment. All players within our tier 1/2/3 programme are able to attach to clubs appropriately to play further competitive football.
Southampton FC Second Chance Programme
As part of the new Sparsholt Football Academy partnership with Southampton FC Academy this elite squad will represent our highest level of football at Sparsholt. With the fundamental goal of producing players for Southampton FC a detailed programme has been developed to give players the best possible opportunities to
succeed in their quest to become professional footballers.
– Minimum 4 fixtures Sparsholt/Saints v Bath (Saints) Second Chance Academy
– The best players from both Sparsholt/Bath academy will come together to play Saints FC Academy (2)
– Fixture opportunities against other pro-club Academy sides
– Opportunities for Elite Tier players to train at Staplewood
– Southampton FC coaches will have regular involvement on site at the Sparsholt base
– The Conference Youth Alliance side will play as Southampton FC (Sparsholt)
– The Sparsholt/Saints Elite players will receive a full set of travel/match/training kit (Southampton FC branded)
– Access to the “Adidas Pro Hub” to gain discounts on football related items
The Academy offers a comprehensive match program with opportunities for players at all levels.
– Conference Youth Alliance – Under 19 – Southampton FC (Sparsholt)
– FA Youth Cup
– Additional showcase matches with other pro-club academies
– South West Counties Youth League (Saturday)
– Hampshire Floodlit Cup
– Hampshire Colleges League (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
– ESFA National Schools Cup
– Hampshire Colleges Cup
The club have fostered good links with a number of senior clubs at different levels within the football pyramid
– Conference South
– Southern League
– Wessex League
– Hampshire Premier
We also have our own Senior side, Andover Town, who play in the Wessex Premier following promotion success in our debut season in 2013/14.
Facilities and Development
– Training and match facilities are first class with a superb first team pitch which is fully fenced with dugouts and two further training pitches.
– Our new indoor Sports Centre includes a sportshall, a fully equipped fitness suite and exercise studio.
– 4 brand new pitch side changing facilities for the first and second team pitches
– The College has recently taken on the Portway Stadium in Andover. The former home of Andover FC and now home to Andover Town. This provide the Academy with a fantastic new venue for the elite tier match program and will be the new home ground for the Academy.