Skip to main content

College Fees

  • Course Fees

    There are no course fees for students enrolling at the College if they are an EU citizen and under 19 when your full-time course begins.

    If you are over 19 or not an EU citizen you will usually need to pay for your tuition, exam and registration fees though you may be eligible for tuition fee remission depending on:

    • The course you enrol on to
    • The qualifications you already have
    • If you are in receipt of certain state benefits

    To find out more contact our Admissions team on 01962 797213/797445

    For information on International Fees and Funding, please visit our International page here.

  • Payment of Fees

    Students are invoiced for all fees at enrolment and will be expected to settle the payment immediately unless prior arrangements have been made to pay by installment. We offer an interest free instalment plan over a ten-month period. Our Finance Team will be happy to assist students in financial difficulties to negotiate payment plans – call 01962 797267.

    All prospective students are sent up-to-date fee information once the details are finalised. In the event of new regulations affecting course fees, applicants will be appropriately informed.

    If you are experiencing financial difficulties and considering withdrawing your application as a result, please speak to our Student Admin Team first on 01962 797213/797445 to discuss the options open to you.

    Read our Refund and Cancellation Policy

  • Extra Curricular Activities

    All full time Sparsholt College students at our main campus are required to pay a small fee towards the extensive on-site facilities we offer you. Many courses offer free trips to places of interest to enhance your learning experience and the money also covers the cost of minibuses for these trips. Some trips may carry additional costs not covered by the Extra Curricular charge and these will require separate payment.

    This payment contributes towards the many extra-curricular activities offered by the College and is payable by all students, whether paying tuition and examination fees or not. As a guide, the payment for 2018–19 was
    £79. A one-off higher payment of approximately £425 applies to our Outdoor Adventure course due to the nature of their course activities.

  • 16-18 Bursary

    A bursary of up to £1,200 is available for students aged 16-18 who meet any of these requirements: in care; leaving care; in receipt of Income Support; in receipt of Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.

  • Support to Study Bursary

    We provide a discretionary fund for learners that do not meet the criteria for the 16-18 Bursary Fund or are aged over 19. If your household income is £32k or less per year you could be entitled to financial assistance. The application form can be found here. If you need any further assistance please call 01962 797267.

  • Advanced Learner Loan and Bursary Fund

    The eligibility criteria for Advanced Learner Loans is being expanded so that they are available to learners aged 19 and over and for study at level 3 to level 6. Visit our Advanced Learner Loans page for full details.

    If you are approved for an Advanced Learner Loan then you can also apply for our 19+ College Bursary Fund. This can be used to help with travel, books, equipment and childcare costs. 

  • Career Development Loan

    If you are aged over 19 but not eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan you may be eligible for a Career Development Loan. You don’t have to pay it back until your course finishes. You can find out more here 

  • Childcare Support

    Are you under 20 and have a child? You could be eligible for help from the Care to Learn Loan Scheme. You can find out more by visiting

    If you are over 20 and your household income is less than £30k you may be eligible for childcare support through the College Learner Support Fund.

    The on-site Farley outdoor nursery provides a unique day care experience where children are encouraged to spend much of their time outside.

  • Residential Bursary

    If daily travel is impractical for you, a means tested bursary is available to assist you with living at College.As a general rule, to qualify, your home address should not be on or near a college travel route and your daily journey needs to be in excess of one hour each way per day, you need to be living in college or rented accommodation and to not have similar local provision within 15 miles of your home. For further information please contact our Student Finance team on 01962 797267

  • Armed Forces Bursary Fund

    Are you in the Armed Forces and hoping to study a qualification at Level 3 or above? If so you could be eligible for financial support through the Ministry of Defence’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme. You can find out more here

  • Other Funding and Bursaries

    City and Guilds offer a bursary for all Further Education applicants planning to study on a City and Guilds or ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) qualification. To apply, you need to be able to demonstrate genuine financial need and be wishing to study in the UK as a current resident. To gain access to the full application, you must first register online via the City and Guilds website, available here

  • Booking Conditions for Part-Time Students

    For full information on Cancellations and Refunds click here