What will I learn?
The City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees (up to 380mm) is the updated version of the now superseded CS31 certificate. This course includes site and tree risk assessment and directional felling and processing of small trees.
17+ Must have completed Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting
Fee Details 1
Free if unemployed or low wage* (if aged 19-23 must have Full L2 or above to be eligible)
*Please contact the College for further information on low wage eligibility or see Fee Remission section on our PT enrolment form.
Fee Details 2
Due to funding restrictions, anyone who doesn’t live in England, isn’t a UK resident^ or who lives in the local authority areas^ of:
Cambridge and Peterborough
Greater London Authority
Liverpool City Region
North of Tyne Combined Authority
West of England
Will be unable to apply for fee remission and may be subject to higher course fees than those published.
^go to this page on our website to check if your postcode is in a Devolved Funding Area or to check eligibility if you are a non-UK resident https://www.sparsholt.ac.uk/the-college/fees-and-funding/
If you don’t live in England or are not a UK resident or live in any of the above local authority areas and wish to enrol on the course, please contact us for information on tuition fees.
All tools and equipment provided free for the duration of the course.
Level of Study:Part-Time
- 01/08/2022 - 05/08/2022 (CL2FPST/PG01)
- 12/09/2022 - 16/09/2022 (CL2FPST/PG02)
- 26/09/2022 - 30/09/2022 (CL2FPST/PG03)
- 24/10/2022 - 28/10/2022 (CL2FPST/PG04)
- 14/11/2022 - 18/11/2022 (CL2FPST/PG05)
- 05/12/2022 - 09/12/2022 (CL2FPST/PG06)
- 23/01/2023 - 27/01/2023 (CL2FPST/PG07)
- 20/02/2023 - 24/02/2023 (CL2FPST/PG08)
- 06/03/2023 - 10/03/2023 (CL2FPST/PG09)
- 24/04/2023 - 28/04/2023 (CL2FPST/PG10)
- 24/07/2023 - 28/07/2023 (CL2FPST/PG11)