What will I learn?
After this course learners will be able to:
1. Identify different parts of ½ a pig
2. How to primal ½ a pig
3. Learn how to cut up a pork loin and belly into steaks, slices, chops and joints.
4. Learn how to bone out a leg and tie it into a joint
5. Learn how to bone out a shoulder and tie a joint.
6. Learn to bone out a hand of pork.
7. Incorporated in this is knowledge on how to use various butchery knives, hand saw and a Stanley knife for scoring skin.
Where will it lead me?
Learners will be able to utilise these skills for home use.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Level of Study:Part-Time
- 24/10/2023 - (Flexible)