What does the qualification cover?
This course is a mix of theory and practical and is run by trained emergency service personnel. Each delegate will receive a first aid manual, certification and registration as well as gaining the knowledge and confidence to become a competent first aider.
Basic life saving First Aid and workplace Health and Safety Regulations, including:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider / Incident and casualty assessment / Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Unconsciousness / choking / external bleeding and shock / minor injuries
- The respiratory system / hypoxia / chest injuries / asthma and hyperventilation
- Circulatory system / wounds and bleeding / eye injuries / shock and fainting / anaphylaxis
- Angina and heart attack / stroke “brain attack” / burns and scalds / poisons
- Skeletal system and injuries to bones and joints / sprains and strains / spinal injuries / head injuries
- Secondary survey / diabetes / epilepsy
- Delegates need to complete and pass five practical assessments which involves kneeling, bending and carrying out resuscitation techniques
- Two theoretical assessments (multiple choice question papers) are also required to be completed and passed by delegates
- Some reasonable adjustments can be made to the assessments so please ensure you ask upon booking
- A First Aid at Work Certificate, valid for three years will be posted to delegates at the end of the course
- Please ensure correct name is submitted on the booking form for on-line registration and certificates as there will be a £5.00 charge should certificates be mislaid, damaged or if there are miss-spelt names