What will I learn?
These practical and theory based courses will provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to effectively manage a wide range of game species and their habitats.
You’ll undertake work placements on sporting estates, giving you the opportunity to build your industry and employment contacts.
• Wildlife ecology
• Habitat management and estate and conservation skills
• Deer management and stalking
• Game bird rearing and production
• Pest and predator control
• Shoot management and firearm use
Optional Additional Qualifications
• Chainsaw and Brushcutter use
• All Terrain Vehicle Handling (Quad bikes)
• Award in Wild Game Meat Hygiene
• Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1
What grades will I need?
English and Maths GCSE at grade C/4 plus three other GCSEs at C/4 or Level 2 at Merit.
What can I study next?
• Degree courses in Ecology and Rural Estate Management
• Level 4 Apprenticeships
This course gives you the UCAS tariff points for entry to university
• Underkeeper or beatkeeper working on a sporting estate
• Wildlife ranger with the Forestry Commission
• Deer manager