What will I learn?
It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. This
includes providing sufficient information, instruction and training to employees to allow them to work in a way that does not put themselves or others at risk.
This qualification is designed to provide Learners with a basic introduction to the principles of risk assessment. It will raise their awareness of risks in the workplace and introduce basic things they can do to control them.
The course covers:
* the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health;
* the moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents
and ill health at work;
* key terms associated with risk assessment; the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention;
* the legal requirements for risk assessment;
* a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment;
* occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work;
* how to prioritise risks;
* and the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the results of a risk assessment
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent
Fee Details 1
Free if unemployed or low wage* (if aged 19-23 must have Full L2 or above to be eligible)
*Please contact the College for further information on low wage eligibility or see Fee Remission section on our PT enrolment form.
Fee Details 2
Due to funding restrictions, anyone who doesn’t live in England, isn’t a UK resident^ or who lives in the local authority areas^ of:
Cambridge and Peterborough
Greater London Authority
Liverpool City Region
North of Tyne Combined Authority
Sheffield City Region**
West of England
Will be unable to apply for fee remission and may be subject to higher course fees than those published.
^go to this page on our website to check if your postcode is in a Devolved Funding Area or to check eligibility if you are a non-UK resident https://www.sparsholt.ac.uk/the-college/fees-and-funding/
If you don’t live in England or are not a UK resident or live in any of the above local authority areas and wish to enrol on the course, please contact us for information on tuition fees.
Level of Study:Part-Time
- 06/10/2021 - (AWL2PRA/PG01)