What will I learn?
It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. This
includes providing sufficient information, instruction and training to employees to allow them to work in a way that does not put themselves or others at risk.
This qualification is designed to provide Learners with a basic introduction to the principles of risk assessment. It will raise their awareness of risks in the workplace and introduce basic things they can do to control them.
The course covers:
* the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health;
* the moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents
and ill health at work;
* key terms associated with risk assessment; the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention;
* the legal requirements for risk assessment;
* a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment;
* occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work;
* how to prioritise risks;
* and the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the results of a risk assessment
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent
Level of Study:Part-Time
- 20/04/2023 - (AWL2PRA/FC03)