What will I learn?
Following on from the Level 2 Certificate, this course leads to the RHS Certificate Level 3 in Practical Horticulture. Please note at Level 3 this course is about the management of practical activities as well as the application. The qualification consists of four core units and one optional unit covering the following subject areas:
– Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
– Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
– Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
– Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
– Planning, collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material (Option)
Whilst there are no formal prerequisites for entry to the Level 3 qualifications, it is strongly recommended that students who undertake this qualification have obtained the RHS Level 2 Certificates or equivalent in relevant subjects before they commence on the course.
Advanced Learner Loan available.