What will I learn?
Following on from the Level 2 Certificate, this course leads to the RHS Certificate Level 3 in Practical Horticulture. Please note at Level 3 this course is about the management of practical activities as well as the application. The qualification consists of four core units and one optional unit covering the following subject areas:
– Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
– Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
– Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
– Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
– Planning, collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material (Option)
As a centre a prerequisite for the entry to our suite of RHS Level 3 qualifications is for students to have completed an RHS Level 2 Certificate or the equivalent in relevant subjects before they commence on the course. This is due to the Level 3 qualifications changing this academic year with a change in assessment and more complex delivery.
Please note RHS assessments – it is intended that students undertake the assessments for RHS in the academic year of registration, this allows for the best chance of success as assessments are taken while the syllabus knowledge is fresh.
Steel toe capped boots or very sturdy walking boots/approach shoes are essential for the participation of this course.