What will I learn?
Have you ever wanted to be able to make your own burgers and sausages? Our experienced butcher will guide and assist you with the butchering and necessary skills.
1. Recognise the correct consistency and fatness in meat required to successfully make burgers and sausages.
2. To understand the instructions on the spice used.
3. Knife skills in cutting up meat to the correct size and lean meat to fat ration
4. Step by step guide in making sausages and burgers which includes using a mincer, weighing and portioning up meat, pressing out burgers, using a sausage filler and linking sausages
5. Acquire knowledge about natural and synthetic sausage skins
6. Learn a basic guide to spice blending in manufacturing sausages and burgers
Where will it lead me?
Learners will be able to utilise these skills for home use.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Level of Study:Part-Time
Dates on enquiry