What will I learn?
The qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), who have confirmed that the qualification is fully mapped to its professional standards of ‘Coach’ and ‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children’. Taught in our state-of-the-art Sports Centre by dedicated industry professionals, you will gain a detailed knowledge of the sports and recreation industry.
On completion of this course each learner will become a qualified sports coach and will have mastered specific skills in improving a participant’s experience of sport and physical activity by providing specialised support and guidance aligned to their individual needs.
You will learn how to lead the planning, preparation, delivery, continuous evaluation and review of a series of sport and/or physical activity sessions. The course involves a mix of theory and practice relating to sport, coaching and development. You will also benefit from work experience, visits to local sport and recreation centres and guest speakers, as well as the opportunity to run your own sporting events. This course gives you UCAS tariff points towards entry to University.
- Careers in the Sports and Active Leisure Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Developing Coaching Skills
- Applied Coaching Skills
- Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity
- Sports Psychology
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- Practical Sports Application
- Rules Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Organising Sport Events
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at grade 4 including Maths or English or Level 2 Diploma at Merit Level plus GCSE or Functional Skills Level 2 or above in English and Maths.
What can I study next?
Study at University at FdSc or BA(Hons) BSc Level. Popular degree choice
- Sports, Coaching and Physical Education
- Football Studies
- Performance Analysis
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Sports Strength and Conditioning
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to university.
Football Academy Pathway
An added extra of studying the Sports Coaching and Development Level 3 course with us is that you become part of our esteemed Sparsholt College Football Academy Programme. Find out more here.
- Semi-Professional football
- Careers in Coaching
- Scholarships in USA
- Employment in the Sports and Leisure Industry
- Sports Development
- Health Practitioner
Optional Additional Qualifications*
- FA Level 1 Coaching Badge
- Level 2 Multi Skills Award
- First Aid
*Additional fees may apply – contact us for more details