What will I learn?
This course will effectively prepare you for application and career success in the Uniformed Protective Services. You will increase your knowledge, skills, level of fitness and discipline ready for a career in the uniformed protective services or the private sector.
This course encompasses a range of outdoor and adventurous activities and sports based units, as well as a wide variety of protective services subjects. You will be involved in, and exposed to, a range of activities that will support your development and progression to employment or Higher Education, including extra-curricular trips to Bournemouth Airport Training Facility for anti-terrorist combat training, as well as meeting a variety of Protective Service employees to aid you in successful application to your chosen service. The course involves a mix of theory, exams and practices relating to different uniformed protective services. You will also benefit from visits to local fire stations, 999 call centres and police training events along with guest speakers. This qualification offers UCAS tariff points for those aspiring to go on to a degree courses.
- Citizenship and Diversity
- Behaviour and Discipline in the Uniformed Protective Services – External Exam
- Global Affairs, the Media and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Government and the Protective Services – External Exam
- Planning for and Responding to Emergency Incidents
- Skills for Outdoor Activities and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Expedition Skills
- Developing Personal Fitness Programmes
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 4/C or Level 2 at Merit level plus GCSE or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
What can I study next?
- Degree (BSc) or Foundation Degree (FdSc) courses
- BSc Police Studies
- BSc Paramedic Science
- BSc Criminology/Forensics
- Officer Training in the Armed Forces
- Enlistment into the Uniformed Protective Services
- Emergency Services (Police/Ambulance/Fire brigade)
- Armed Forces (British Army/Royal Navy/Royal Air Force)
- HM Prison Service
- Customs/Border Control
- Rescue Services
- Paramedic Science
- Outdoor/Adventure training Instructor
- Fitness Instructor