What will I learn?
This course encompasses a range of outdoor and adventurous activities and sports based units, as well as a wide variety of protective services subjects. You’ll be involved in and exposed to a range of activities that will support your development and progression to employment or Higher Education, including extra-curricular trips to Bournemouth Airport Training Facility for anti terrorist combat training, as well as meeting a variety of Protective Service employees to aid you in successful application to your chosen service.
• Leadership and teamwork
• Physical preparation for the protective services
• Land/water based skills/leadership
• Crime and its effects
• Command and control
What grades will I need?
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 including Maths and English at grade C/4 or Level 2 at Merit level with Level 2 English.
What can I study next?
• Degree (BSc) or Foundation Degree (FdSc) courses
• BSc Police Studies
• BSc Paramedic Science
• BSc Criminology/Forensics
• Officer Training in the Armed Forces
• Enlistment into the Uniformed Protective Services
This course gives you the UCAS tariff points for entry to university.
• Emergency services (police/ambulance/fire brigade)
• Armed forces (British Army/Royal Navy/Royal Air Force)
• HM prison service
• Customs/border control
• Rescue Services
• Paramedic Science
• Outdoor/adventure training instructor
• Fitness Instructor
Possible Additional Qualifications
• Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Policing