Give your business a boost with apprenticeships

Apprenticeships allow you to bring new talent through the ranks and train your team with the skills they need to help your business succeed.  Thousands of businesses are already benefiting from apprenticeships and Sparsholt College are here to make it happen for you too.

Hiring apprentices is a productive and effective way for businesses to grow their own talent by developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.  Other benefits that apprenticeships contribute towards include; improving productivity in the workplace, increasing employee satisfaction, reducing staff turnover and reduces recruitment costs.

Our friendly and dedicated team are here to help at every step of the way, making employing an apprentice a smooth and fulfilling process for you.

    • Employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications;
    • According to research published in June 2015, apprenticeships at Level 2 and Level 3 deliver £26 and £28 of economic benefits respectively for each pound of government investment;
    • Apprenticeships boost productivity to businesses by on average £214 per week;
    • Apprenticeships enable businesses to grow their skills base resulting in increased profits, lower prices and better products;
    • 87% of employers said they were satisfied with their apprenticeship programme;
    • 76% of employers say that productivity has improved;
    • 75% of employers reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service;

           *Data taken from the DfE Apprenticeship Core Brief – November 2016

    Further information can be found here.

  • Apprenticeship Funding and Levy for Employers

    The levy is a government tax of 0.5% for every UK employer with a pay-bill of over £3million.  The Apprenticeship Levy will affect all large organisations with an annual payroll of over £3million, regardless of whether they already currently employ apprentices or not. It will be paid through PAYE alongside Income Tax and National Insurance. You can then spend your Levy funds on apprenticeship training and the end point assessments.

    The Levy also presents a number of opportunities to small businesses who do not pay into the Levy but can take advantage of the funding available. Some smaller employers won’t have to contribute to the fund, but can draw from it, and take advantage of the online apprenticeship resources available. Non-levy paying employers will contribute 10 per cent of the cost of training an apprentice, and the government will ‘co-invest’ by paying the remaining 90 per cent. Businesses with under 50 employees won’t pay anything for their apprentices aged 16 to 18 and for those aged 19 to 24 formerly in care or with a local authority education, health and care plan as apprenticeship training and assessment costs in England will be paid for by the government.

Ready to hire an apprentice in your workplace or want to discuss further? Get in touch with the team today.

Call 0845 850 0916 or email

We also offer apprenticeships at our sister campus, Andover College.